Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm still pregnant

I'm trying to remind myself of what I enjoy about it before it is over. I am also very excited to have the baby... here is what I have so far.

Reasons I'm glad I'm still pregnant:
1. The baby is still growing, increasing the chances that it will be healthy and fully developed when it is born
2. I can feel the baby move in my belly. When I first started feeling it move it was a rather weird sensation - cool, but weird. Now I enjoy it so much I think I will miss it.
3. I can carry the baby with me in such an efficient manner. Josh and I still only use two seats in the car.
4. I can't see all that many stretch marks - I think they are hidden from my sight south of the belly button latitudinal line.

Reasons I'm looking forward to having the baby and the end of this pregnancy:
1. I want to see what he or she looks like!
2. We'll know if it is a boy or a girl! And it will have a name!!
3. I'll get to hold the baby in my arms and watch it sleep.
4. I'll get to lay on my back! Even if my sleep is interrupted by cries every few hours, I will enjoy being able to change positions easier.
5. I'll be able to see past my belly button, though I'm not sure I'll like what I find... I can feel the stretch marks even though I can't see them now.
6. My belly will be "squishy" again. It won't prevent me from leaning forward when I eat.
7. I'll lose some weight! I just hope that I will feel up to moving myself around.
8. The swelling in my feet will go down. It started getting bad about the time I thought the baby had dropped (it was just teasing me, by the way). If I don't put shoes on right away in the morning, getting them on at all is a lost cause. I put on a extra layer of super thick slipper socks and go with that.

As you can see, I'm more interested in having the baby than staying pregnant right now, but all indications are that the baby is not ready for the outside world yet.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Mary!! We are all thinking of you in BPRA. The baby will be here sooner than you think. Oh you should add reasons to be glad that you don't have the baby yet...baby is in your belly, staying quiet! :) hee hee.
    I'm so happy for you and Josh. I hope you both had a great holiday season and we are all looking forward to getting together with you after that baby is born. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all thinking of you Mary. We can't wait to hear the good news! Love you! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anxious to see that little one and know his/her name, too!! Enjoy these somewhat restful nights. I'm still banking on Saturday and that full moon!! Sending easy labor and healthy Mama/Baby vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are days you certainly can't go back to so you are right to try to enjoy them! Some days are hard though, I remember.

    We're excited to meet the baby and find out what name you picked, I'm so interested to know!

    You should update us when you have dr appts as to your status--like today!

    ReplyDelete