Sunday, January 11, 2009

And Still Pregnant

Thanks to everyone for wishing the baby would not be past its due date. I hoped it would not either. Alas, it was just not the right time.
The baby didn't know it was "due" yesterday. It is still just hanging out doing what it does. Unfortunately, I know it was due yesterday and I am anxious for it to be born.

I think the baby may be prevented from dropping by nature of the way I sit. I think it could still drop on its own, but it is simply difficult because I can't spend a couple hours at a time walking or some of the other things that can help my pelvis open up to give the baby the space to move down. Medical professionals don't really know what causes labor to start, but I would venture to guess that gravity helps things get ready and move along and that is why walking is highly & commonly recommended. I have been trying to change my positions and "wiggle my hips" to help things shift, to do what I can do. But I can't spend two hours doing that like you can if you go walking at the mall. Maybe my wiggling will help anyway?

I'm trying to keep up a good attitude. If pre-labor signs progress I will have an easier time going about the daily routine while we wait. But if everything just stays the same and I still just have an uncomfortably huge belly... that is depressing. So long as the baby is doing well, being "late" is not a problem. An absence of problems is good. I just have to remember that.

3 comments:

  1. Complication-free is something I've never known and the only thing I've ever had past due is a library book. So I can't relate to that part, but I (and most moms) can relate to the desire for a healthy baby. I'm sure your little one is so cozy and snug in there on these cold, bitter days that the idea of leaving is too much! :) Hopefully the NST goes well tomorrow and you're holding your bundle really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my midwives said it should be a due "week" so the due "date" was the first day of that week so it'll happen this week. Enjoy your last few evenings with just you and Josh, it's all changing this week!

    I think you should change your position as often as possible. Also see if you can get a box or stool to put under your desk at work to put your feet on, that should help to keep your feet elevated and rotate your hips a little too. It's not walking, but may give the baby just enough room to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what your sister said...change positions as often as possible. We are sending more labor vibes your way from BPRA. No problems are a good thing...but let's hope this baby is coming soon! And like your sister said...just enjoy the 'quiet' time with just you and Josh. It's all going to be different very soon!!

    ReplyDelete