Thursday, January 8, 2009

Week 39 - getting closer!

We are currently two days away from the baby's estimated due date.

"Wow, so close!" I think to myself.

I went to the doctor today and I'm going to share a few details that you might not want to know if you aren't into having babies, so feel free to skip to the last paragraph.

The doctor checked me and said that the cervix is softening but not effaced or dilated. He said there is plenty of amniotic fluid. The baby is still floating, not yet engaged. The doctor is anxious that the baby has still not dropped, but he wants to wait and let things progress naturally. He said he is on-call this weekend and that he would be happy to get a call from me with news that I'm labor. :)

I have been having some Braxton-Hicks contractions that tend to linger longer than than before. They have not been consistent and are taking their time in moving things along.

Janelle may have been past her due date by two weeks, give or take a few days, with her first child, but the doctor does not feel comfortable letting me more than about a week past my due date. If I haven't had the baby yet, they will do a non-stress test on Tuesday to make sure the baby and the placenta are still both in good shape.

The due date is Saturday, so I'm just hoping that is when it will be born. I'm telling myself and the baby that it is time to get ready for labor and start having contractions. I hoping that with enough mental motivation, prayer, and the nudge from the moon, we'll have a healthy baby born this weekend.

Here's hoping!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sending my own prayers, vibes, and crossed fingers for a Saturday delivery!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the onset of this snowstorm, the full moon, and the spicy chili you're going to eat at my house tomorrow, I'm hoping for this weekend too!

    I'm looking forward to sending out an e-mail telling everyone to light their shower candles and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are in our prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. labor vibes, labor vibes, labor vibes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's go Baby Bornhorst! Today's the day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 minutes left until Baby is overdue. Come on, little one!! Bust a move!

    ReplyDelete