Monday, January 5, 2009

Working

I got a job almost two months ago. I was nervous about interviewing and being obviously pregnant, hoping that they didn't hold that against me. Luckily, with the help of always being seated and some wise clothing choices, only one person was the wiser. It was quite amusing when I told my supervisor at the end of my first day that I was expecting in two months. She was taken aback, and then asked if I was planning on coming back to work. :) The last full-time person in my position left after having a baby, so I understand her concern.

I am blessed that I work with people who are so happy and excited about children - they don't hold it against me that I'm leaving just when I'm getting the hang of things. :)

Most of my job thus far has been trying to figure out how things have been done and then trying to come up with a better way. The last person who was doing my job was only able to work about 10 hours a week - so I have a lot of room to make improvements.

The weather these last few days has been cold, icy and snowy. The morning it was icing I called front desk and asked one of the girls to come out to my car as I got out. With the solid ice that was coming down, I didn't want to take the chance of my chair slipping and me falling - so not worth it! When leaving work one of the other girls volunteered to walk out with me to make sure I got in the car without incident. As we got to the parking lot I saw another co-worker who was scraping the ice and snow off my car. How sweet are they!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they are looking out for you, it makes us all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the simple love of others makes me happy! I'm so glad you work with good people!

    ReplyDelete