Thursday, December 4, 2008

Layout

I think I've figured out how the baby lays most of the time. At my last appointment, the midwife felt around on my belly and helped me identify its body parts.

The baby's head is down, which is good so long as it stays that way! It's back is along the right side of my belly, and its arms and legs are towards my left side. I told the midwife about the little movement that I feel really low on my left side and she thought it was probably feet.

I think this is the way the baby is positioned most of the time based on the type of movement that I feel and where. I think I feel it stretch out its legs while it is doubled over. I will feel small little feet low on my left side while what must be its bottom pushes out high on my right side.

I want the baby to get bigger before it comes out in the world, but I just don't see how it can. I suppose that is why baby's are miracles.

2 comments:

  1. And it's a miracle that our bellies don't explode!!

    I think true fetal position should be described as heels to ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just the way Eli laid. And while you think it can't get any bigger, it does!

    Can you imagine multiples? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete