Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ultrasound



We had the semi-standard ultrasound last week to check the baby's progress. We were really excited to see how big it is now. From the measurements that the tech took, she estimated that the baby weighs close to a pound. From the books I have, being almost a pound is a little big for this length gestation, so maybe it is taking after it's father already! I can't give Josh all the credit, though, because we were both 8 pound babies and I was early and he was late.

We decided not to find out its sex yet. We had been going back and forth the whole time, one of us wanted to wait and the other wanted to know, then we would switch positions, and switch back again. When the tech asked us if we wanted to know if it is a boy or girl, after only a moments hesitation and long look at Josh, I replied that we wanted to wait. In the end, looking forward to knowing if it is a boy or girl will be something fun and exciting to look forward to regardless of any other anxieties or fears I have about the labor and delivery.

Some people have said they think it is a boy or think it is a girl. We even had a friend do an old-fashioned test that she said will tell you the baby's sex. She said she has been 100% accurate when she has done the test before, so she made me close my eyes and didn't tell us what the results were. She wrote down her results and tucked the paper away in a box so she can tell us later.

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible image!! I LOVE it!!!

    And yay for the surprise factor! We never find out and it adds a special touch to the delivery. And yay if you DO decide to find out later--either way, you'll be surprised when you hear the verdict! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but what do you guys think? I keep referring to him as a him. See? Maybe it's just cause I have all boys? I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other but I just assume it's a boy. Time will tell!
    This way you get to pick out a girl and a boy name-we never picked out a girl's name so that does add a fun factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mary!
    so cute!
    -Mara

    ReplyDelete