Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Plates + Belly = Dishwasher

The baby is changing the kitchen.

I keep the plates and half the set of glasses in a bottom cupboard in the kitchen. The other half of the set of glasses are in higher cupboard more typically used for glasses for Josh to easily access. I can no longer keep the plates in that cupboard. Let me explain for those of you who are not familiar with my kitchen.

The plates are in the back corner of the cupboard on a shelf organizer that is very similar to this:

The largest plates are on the bottom. I can no longer bend myself in half enough to reach them. The baby is getting that big! I'm delighted that my belly is big enough that it is changing what I am able to do, but at the same time, it is hindering some of my functionality which is not great. But not to worry. I have a solution to this problem.

Eureka!! Store the plates in the dishwasher!

In the wonderful apartment that we live in (being only slightly facetious because it really isn't that bad) the dishwasher has never worked more than to rinse and provide a place for the dishes to dry. If you want the dishes to come out clean, you must put them in clean. So I don't use it other than to rinse dishes when we get them out of the box when they are new. Ordinarily it is empty, or filled with the few dishes that I can't put away until Josh can put them away. But now it is the new home for the plates.

2 comments:

  1. The first of many adjustments when a new baby is on the way! YAY!! Keep growing Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon you won't be able to even wash the dishes **evil grin**
    Isn't it funny how something still so small can make such a disturbance? Good times! And this is only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete