Monday, September 29, 2008

My Theme Song this Season

If my life were a TV show, the theme song this season would be Danny's Song. Does a song ever hit you as being about you because it describes your situation and/or feelings exactly? There have been a few songs that I remember feeling that way about in the past few years. If life were a TV show I think the theme song would need to change every year or so, and it would be the underlying mood to what happens each episode that season.

I came across Danny's Song a week or so ago on Pandora Radio and found myself humming it a few days later. I remembered only a few parts of the lyrics and decided to look up the rest. When I did, I found that it is a song originally done by Loggins & Messina, though I had heard a remake by another artist. I thought it was funny that I hadn't remembered that it was a Kenny Loggins song since he is one of the artists I spent a lot of time listening to growing up.

If you aren't familiar with the song or know it and want to hear it, here is a link, (this link is a real treat because it has pictures of a very hairy Kenny Loggins as well as the lyrics as the song plays, lol). If you can't or don't want to play the song but would like to read the lyrics, go ahead and click here.

It is highly amusing to me that my parents probably really liked this song when they were my age, since they were married only a few years after the album debuted.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize what song that was-didn't know the title.

    I love that song and I think it might have been our theme song for a while too after we were first married, pregnant and didn't have a job. Any of that sound familiar?

    Eli has a song that when he hears it he thinks of riding the bus in Kindergarten, so I guess that'd be his song for last year.

    We should keep track of our theme songs through our life, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anelle-

    Wow, Eli has a theme song for kindergarten! Impressive!

    Danny's Song may be the theme song for a lot of young couples... hopefully we can kick start the job part and find an equally happy but less stressed theme song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot about that song!! I love that song! Now I'm going to be singing it for the next week.

    It would be interesting to have kept a log of life's theme songs--it sure would be an interesting progression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special! Just like you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very special! Just like You!

    ReplyDelete