Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What about a birth story?

A girl I know had a baby recently, and I noticed that I was much more interested in the nitty-gritty details of her labor and delivery than I have been before.  I’m all-ears when it comes to a pregnant woman’s plight or a new mom’s tales.  Since having my own experience to relate it to, stories that include phrases like “completely effaced,” “ready to push,” and “she was exhausted” take on a whole new meaning.  I almost tear up when I think about Sean’s birth.

I haven’t shared much about Sean’s birth on this blog; do you want to know how it went?  I don’t want to share details if that isn’t your thing, and don’t worry, I won’t be offended if you’d rather not know. 

If you are having trouble deciding if you want to know or not, I’ll give you some hints to help you make your decision:

  •          I had Sean at a hospital,
  •          I had him naturally (well, I had a little outside intervention, but no epidural),
  •          I think of the experience fondly, and
  •          I’m so proud of myself for having that sweet little boy!

So, let me know! :)

-McBorn

6 comments:

  1. you know me, Mary- I'm a birth story finatic! But I heard the details of Sean's birth, and give you a big hooray for doing so well. My suggestion would be to write them down. I had to do that once, and it's amazing the things you forget over the years. Yes, some things like the pain I think God intends you to forget (thank goodness!), but there's so many little joys in the birth of each of my children I just want to cherish. It doesn't have to be for all to read, but can be something really special for a mama to have, INHO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, like Peggy, that you need to chronicle it for yourself if nothing else. Or else you'll end up like me and forget if that was number 1 or 3 or maybe it was 2 or no, wait it was 4. But then again, I'm a sucker for birth stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still am gauking over the " natural birth " lol but I would love to see how that went down, I'm personally vouching that im a wimp..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to know! Since I'm now on the road to labor and delivery, I'm all about knowing more!

    ReplyDelete