Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Rosary...

Since Paul was born, I have been trying to be more prayerful. The first week we had Paul at home,  I prayed a Rosary almost every day. In the mornings when Mary and Paul were ready to get up, I would take Paul and pace around the house praying. Sean would follow me around sometimes with his Rosary in hand. The past two weeks I haven't been as good at saying a daily Rosary, but I would get one in here and there.

Today, after lunch Paul was kind of upset and didn't want to nurse. Mary asked me to walk him a little. As soon as I started walking with him, Sean says "Daddy, need your Rosary." It wasn't a question. He went and got my Rosary from my room and gave it to me. I have to admit that I really wasn't feeling like praying a Rosary right at that moment, but I did, and I feel better somehow. I wasn't feeling bad beforehand, but I do feel better.

It is amazing the power of prayer, and even more so are the ways that God reminds us. I never would have imagined my two year old being the one to remind me of the power of prayer!

2 comments:

  1. Blogs need a "like" button! :) Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!

    congrats by the way on paul! my girls are jealous of all that hair! and congrats on the new job too! will see you guys in a couple weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete