Monday, October 19, 2009

9 Months

Sean is 9 months old! He is standing and taking a few steps already! The last 9 months has flown by, but at the same time, how did life exist without him? I love being his mom and getting to be that special person to him. It is such a joy to watch him learn new things, to play with him and teach him. And he is so cute! I don't ever get tired of his chubby cheeks!

He generally wants me... that is... at night when he is tired he wants me. If he is not tired, he wants Josh. Yeah, funny story about our trip to the store this weekend.

Josh carried Sean when we went into the store. Sean's just taking everything in, being a good little baby. We got to the aisle we were looking for and Josh wanted his hands free to select and compare the merchandise, so he started handing Sean to me.

I hold out my hands to him and say "Hey, Sean, come to Mama!" Sean turns away from me, holding on to Josh. Rejected!

Josh gives him to me anyway, and Sean starts fussing and squirming to get back to Josh.

He calmed down and was fine sitting with me as long as we were moving. So my theory is that he prefers the higher perspective that was afforded him when Josh, standing, held him verses the lower perspective he is offered when he sits with me. And I don't blame him -- I would prefer a higher perspective, too!

I think it is less about how much he likes Josh or I and more about the perspective we offer him.
'Cause at night when he is tired, he almost always prefers to be with me.

4 comments:

  1. I like when they start developing preferences. Sorry you were rejected but it wasn't personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting about your perspective theory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys all went through phases of preferences too, so enjoy it when it's you ;) Now they prefer to play with each other and only prefer me when it's mealtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with your sister! :) mealtime and sickness.

    ReplyDelete