Friday, February 13, 2009

4 weeks

Wow, Sean is now four weeks old! He is growing and getting chubbier everyday.

There are some things that I want to remember about Sean up to this point. I know that if I don't write down these little tidbits somewhere, there is a real chance I may forget some of them as time goes by.

Especially in the first couple weeks, Sean liked to fall asleep laying on my chest. He would bring his little skinny legs up and place his hands under his head - purposely resting his head on his hands. It is just too cute. I love how he snuggles before he drifts off to sleep.

In the last week or so I can tell that he recognizes me. He swivels his head around to follow me when I go by him.

He is starting to lose the baby hair on his head right in front. I think a lot of newborn babies, including Sean, look like old men. He's got a great receding hairline to improve his old man-ish style.

He smiles and sometimes even laughs in his sleep. In the last few days he will pull a smirk when he is awake, so he is getting it figured out. I was looking at a snapshot of shortly after he was born when I gave a I'm-completely-exhausted-but-entirely-happy grin and it reminded me of Sean's sleepy smiles.

He is so peaceful when he is asleep. He is beautiful.

And he likes me the best! (at least for now, and I'll take it!)

3 comments:

  1. You're raising a wonderful little man. Those precious moments change with time but they never end. They're they gems of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he likes you best! And he will for quite some time, then you'll lose him to the Daddy (which would be sad if it wasn't so beautiful), but you'll always be the Mama and you'll aways have that connection.

    It's so fun that you're a mom now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Mary..this makes me want to cry! :) The snuggle bunny baby is the best...that was my favorite part of the 'baby' stage...so glad you're enjoying motherhood!! I can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete