Wednesday, July 9, 2008

2nd Appointment

We had the second appointment yesterday and everything went well. We met the doctor for the first time and he was what I thought he should be: knowledgeable, nice, and calm. He said there was no reason I shouldn't plan on a natural birth at this point. He talked about the things we should watch for during the pregnancy and precautions he would take during the labor and delivery. He mentioned all the things that I knew he should be concerned about for my specific case, and I was pleased.

We heard the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. It was fast, like people told me it would be. The doctor said that we must be doing things right because the baby is doing good! And I don't have anything extraordinary to be concerned about at this point, so I'm doing good, too!

I am feeling 10 times better than I was! For several weeks I've been telling myself and other people that my morning sickness and related repulsion of food and drink was lessening, hoping that it was true. It has slackened in the last week or so, but as of this week, it really is completely true! The thought, sight, and smell of food no longer makes me grimace, but has me eager to get a plate of my own. So maybe I'll finally start gaining some weight!

3 comments:

  1. The old "speak it into existence" worked for you, huh? I'm glad you are feeling better.

    I thought you might have an appointment this week-glad it went well.

    So is the plan to have the Doc or a midwife or both? You could do a post about stuff like that to let us know. You know, curious minds and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, curious minds DO want to know.

    Congratulations, Mary! I wish you continued health, an easy delivery, and a healthy baby!!

    I look forward to reading all about your New Mama Adventures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary...Barb, Tiff, Pat and I have been thinking of you lately and are SO happy to hear you are feeling better. We worry about our Mary. Please let us know if you need anything. Oh...we have a crib if you want it...and a changing table/dresser thing...but I know you just found the desk you are going to use as the changing table since that will work best for you...but we have a crib! Let me know! We miss ya

    ReplyDelete